Getting an honest, objective appraisal of fine art glass can be difficult. Although we specialize in Murano Glass, we use the same basic authentication and appraisal techniques for every piece.
These are some of the things we look at:
- Is there any written, photographic or other provenance?
- Is the piece in a style recognizable for the artist?
- Is the piece signed?
- Is the signature consistent with known exemplars?
- Is there a market for this artist?
- Is the piece unique or a numbered limited edition?
- Is the artist living?
There are quite a number of other factors we look at as well, some of them proprietary. We combine our knowledge of glass art with the information available about your piece to provide a written authentication and appraisal, suitable for insurance and most other purposes.